Please see below to apply for a volunteer position.
Some things to consider:
- Long Days
- Volunteer hours typically start at 6:00 AM and end after midnight
- Labor Intensive
- Walking (a lot), lifting (boxes), carrying (signage)
- Customer Service
- Maintain friendly disposition and be knowledgeable about program
What will SHPE provide?
- Shared Lodging
- Tuesday August 7th – Sunday August 11th
- Volunteers must arrive on Tuesday August 7th by 4:00 PM
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner starting on Wednesday August 8th
- Volunteers will attend Saturday night gala
- SHPE will not reimburse for meals purchased on own.
- 2 NILA Volunteer Shirts
- T-shirt must be worn daily
- Networking opportunities
- A chance to network with sponsoring companies
What will SHPE not provide?
- NILA volunteers must provide own flight to Oklahoma City, OK
- Airport Transfer
- Volunteers need to provide own transportation to/from airport
- NILA CCLP Certification
- Volunteers will not be Certified Chapter Leaders
To apply, please email the following documents in one PDF file:
- One-page resume
- Letter of recommendation
- Professional recommendation
- Cover letter (one page max)
- Tell us about your dedication to SHPE and STEM
- What would volunteering at NILA mean to your leadership goals?
Please email the documents or address questions to NILA Volunteers